European Week of Regions and Cities 2018
Under the headline of ‘For a strong EU Cohesion Policy beyond 2020’, the 16th European Week of Regions and Cities will be a key platform where to gather and present the views of European regions and cities on both the budget and the legislative proposals related to Cohesion Policy and rural development, as well as discuss the future of Europe in a regional and local perspective.
PLANHEAT is pleased to announce that the project will be present in the exhibition area of the EU Week of Regions and Cities! More information to follow.
Discussions during the event will examine:
the need of a strong Cohesion Policy beyond 2020 to overcome structural barriers, boost human capital and improve the quality of life;
growth and regional development, understanding and managing the territorial impacts of globalisation and digital transformation, regional dimension of climate change and energy transition;
integrated territorial development as well as effective regional and local strategies on youth, integration of migrants and social exclusion.
In view of upcoming reforms, challenges to Cohesion Policy governance should also debated.
The thematic priorities have been identified through a public online survey carried out from 15 December 2017 to 14 January 2018. The results of the survey show a clear interest in participating and organising sessions during the European Week of Regions and Cities, especially on the three first clusters:
- Territorial development (regional, urban, rural)
- Future of cohesion policy, EU budget
- Education, culture and youth
- Energy, climate, environment
- Social inclusion, citizenship, migration
- Economic development, employment
- Governance and administrative capacity
- Research and innovation
- Sustainable transport and mobility
- International cooperation, EU as global actor
- ICT and digital
- Agriculture and food production
- Maritime affairs
- Security and civil protection
More information: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/regions-and-cities/#!/home