The mapping module will develop modules for mapping:
- yearly heating and cooling demand from kinds of end-users,
- energy potential for heating and cooling supply from renewable sources and waste energy sources available at urban and industrial level.
The objectives are:
- To create a geospatial database populated of Heating Degree Hours (HDH) and Cooling Degree Hours (CDH);
- To create a database for retrofitting and energy efficiency measures applicable to buildings to assess future H&C demand reduction;
- To further develop and validate models for quantifying current and future heating and cooling demand from residential and service sectors;
- To further develop and validate models for mapping and quantifying energy sources potential (conventional and unconventional sources);
- To develop and validate models for quantifying excess industrial heating and cooling;
- To develop a GIS based platform to quantify and visualise H&C demand and supply potential at local level in an aggregated form.