The planning and simulation modules of the PLANHEAT tool will be validate in real case scenarios, namely the PLANHEAT validation cities.
The aims are:
- To define energy planning criteria for heating and cooling to support end users’ decisions in the selection of the sustainable and feasible scenarios;
- To develop an optimisation tool dedicated to the planning of optimal district heating routes;
- To define energy models for simulating hourly variations of H&C demand and supply at city level;
- To develop models to evaluate the interaction between the transport and power sectors;
- To establish a KPI panel by selecting the most relevant energetic, economic, environmental indicators for the cities and calculation models;
- To implement and validate the planning and simulation modules in the PLANHEAT cities.