PLANHEAT will develop and validate an integrated and easy-to-use tool to support local authorities in selecting, simulating and comparing alternative low carbon and economically sustainable scenarios for heating and cooling. It will be validated in the three PLANHEAT cities.
The PLANHEAT simulation tool will be designed to support local authorities in:
- mapping the potential of locally available low-carbon energy sources
- mapping the forecasted demand for heating and cooling
- defining and simulating alternative environmentally friendly scenarios
- understanding the interactions of these new scenarios with the existing infrastructures and networks
- identifying potential for further extension and upgrade of district heating and cooling networks
- evaluating the benefits in terms of energetic, economic and environmental gains.
… and you? PLANHEAT intends to actively involve 50 EU cities in the project!
We will screen in depth your needs in order to deliver a tool which is really customised on cities’ needs!
- In-depth involvement of all PLANHEAT cities: shape and improve the tool
- Dedicated trainings and workshops
- Webinars throughout the whole project
- Events at local and EU-level
- Guidelines and How-To-Tutorials
- Sharing expertise and experiences
Are you a municipality or local authority and would like to get involved? Let PLANHEAT support you!